Kiera and Luke started school yesterday. We dropped them off at 7am at the Deutsche Höhere Privatschule Windhoek. It's the third trimester of the school year.
Kiera asked that David and I not walk her to her classroom and chose instead to go on her own with the school administrator. We then walked a tearful Luke to his classroom, where he was paired up with a buddy named Colin, and said our goodbyes.
______________________________________________________________________________
Luke ended up having a great day once things got going. In the car on the way home, we heard him say (to Kiera): 'My teacher is really pretty and she's like the nicest person...she's like the...*...third nicest person ever.'
*at this point I can only assume he was calculating the number of parents sitting in the front seat who might be listening in
Yesterday evening, Luke asked if he could use the treadmill at the house we're renting. While I was obliviously cooking dinner, he ran 3 miles at a 10k/hour pace in his undies. Toward the end of his workout, I heard him calling for Kiera to bring him ice packs and water. She's the best sister.
Kiera had an ok day, but really does miss her friends and school in Texas. She asked me last night why we had to move and why kids don't have any say in decisions like that. She has a playdate with a girl in her grade on Friday, so hopefully that will help her feel more connected here.








